• About the Department – Department of Anaesthesiology & Critical Care, Pain Clinic.
• No. of OPD (Year) – About 5277 Per Year
• No. Surgeries (Year) – About 9188 Per Year
• etc. – Faculty – Professor – 02, Associate Professor – 05, Assistant Professor- 03, S.R. – 03, PG’s- 4 Seat for M.D. & 1 Seat for D.A. every year.
i. 22 OT’s - Air-condition Equipped with latest equipments & central pipeline system.
ii. PAC Room.
iii. Critical Care Unit - 8 + 5Beded.
iv. PICU - 10 Beded.
v. Pre operative Room - 03 Beded.
vi. Recovery Room - 06 Beded.
vii. Pain Management Unit - O.T. , Beds.
viii.Department Library having 138 Books & Journal.
ix. Training centre - for OT & Anaesthesia Technician.
- RCH Programme (LSAS) Life Saving Anaesthesia Skill.
- BLS & ACLS Healthcare provider courses (AHA certified).
• ABG Analyzer, Syringe/ PCA pump, Nerve locator cum stimulator, C-arm image intensifier, Suction Machine, Colour Doppler, PHI Anaesthesia workstation, Boyles Basic, Difibrillators, RGM, Multipara/ Neuromuscular Monitor, MRI Compitable Pulse Oximeter & Anaesthesia Machine, Fiberoptic laryngoscope, USG Machine, ECG Machine & etc.
Department of Anaesthesiology is equally comparable to the facilities available in Delhi & Mumbai Hospitals.
CME, Workshop, Conference, Seminar, etc Details.
i. Organize - 4th Central Zone conference ISA.
ii. Organize – 13th & 14th State conference of ISA.
iii. Organize – 7th Central Zone Conference ISA.
iv. Every Year conducted American Heart Association certified Basic Life Support (BLS) & Advanced Cardiac life support (ACLS) provider course, Latest course conducted on 29th, 30th,31st January 2016.
v. Every month Seminar / Tutorials/ journal presentation on Anaesthesiology for Students & Practice nor Doctors.
vi. CPR Demonstration for doctors & Public.
1. Anand Masih Lakra, Pratibha Jain Shah, Omprakash Sundrani, Manju Tandon. Magnesium Sulphate Vs Clonidine As An Adjuvant To 0.5% Bupivacaine In Epidural Anaesthesia For Patients Undergoing Lower Limb Surgeries: A Comparative Study. J of Evolution of Med and Dent Sci en Sept 10, 2015: 4 (73); ISSN- 2278-4802, pISSN- 2278-4748.
2. Pratibha Jain Shah , Rashmi Naik , Rashmi Thakur, Kamal Kishor Sahare , Vandana Chugh , Neha Chandrakar. Unusual Intraoperative Presentation of a Huge Cystic hygroma in a Neonate: An Anaesthetic challenge. Journal of Anaesthesia and Critical Care Case Reports, June-August 2015: 1 (1); 19-20.
3. Sarita Ramchandani, AM Lakra, Pratibha Jain Shah, Jaya Lalwani, KK Sahare. Effect of intravenous clonidine premedication for bloodless surgical field in patients undergoing middle ear or nasal surgery: A comparison of three different doses. Accepted for publication in Anaesthesia Essay & Researches2015;9:397-400.
4. Pratibha Jain Shah, Kamta Prasad Dubey, Amit Agrawal, KK Sahare. Intravenous dexmedetomidine versus propofol for intraoperative moderate sedation during spinal anaesthesia: A comparative study. Will be published in Journal of Anaesthesiology & Clinical Pharmacology, Oct- Dec 2015: 31 (4).
5. Pratibha Jain Shah, Kamta Prasad Dubey, Jai Prakash Yadav. Predictive value of upper lip bite test and ratio of height to thyromental distance compared to other multivariate airway assessment tests for difficult laryngoscopy in apparently normal patients. Journal of Anaesthesiology & Clinical Pharmacology, April- June 2013: 29 (2); 191-195.
6. Jaya Lalwani, KP Dubey, Pratibha Shah. Anaesthesia for the separation of conjoined twins. Indian J Anaesth. 2011 Mar-Apr; 55(2): 177–180.
7. Pratibha Jain Shah, KP Dubey. Hoarseness of Voice: an alarming sign to recheck position of nasogastric tube. IJA Nov-Dec 2010; 54(6): 588-590.
8. Pratibha Jain Shah, Kamta Prasad Dubey, Chatarpal Watti, Jaya Lalwani. Effectiveness of thiopentone, midazolam and propofol as an ideal intravenous anaesthetic agent for modified Electroconvulsive therapy: a comparative study. Indian J Anaesth. 2010 Jul-Aug: 54(4); 296-301.
9. Jaya Lalwani, KP Dubey, Pratibha Jain Shah, Balswroop Sahu. Proseal LMA: An alternative to ETT in paediatric patients for short surgical procedures. IJA, Nov-Dec 2010; 54(6): 541-546.
10. Pratibha Jain, Usha Kiran. Anaesthetic management of child with prolonged QT-interval undergoing surgery for Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Drainage: Role of Autogenic Relaxation Therapy and Patient Controlled Analgesia. IJA, 2002: 46(5): 395-7.
11. Sandeep Chauhan, Pratibha Jain, Neeta Saxena. Anaesthetic management of Batista Procedure: AIIMS Experience. IJA, 2001: 45(3):190-3.
12. Anil Kumar, Usha Kiran, Pratibha Jain. Coronary bypass surgery in a case of terminal renal failure – A case report “published in IJA, 2002: 46(2):145- 148.
13. Dr D S Patel1, Dr Pratibha Jain Shah2,Dr Jaya Lalwani3, Dr K K Sahare4 “Evaluation of efficacy of Tramadol as an adjuvant to Lignocaine in Intravenous Regional Anaesthesia for upper limb surgeries”
14. Durga Shankar Patel1, Jaya Lalwani2, Omprakash Sundrani3, K. K.Sahara4, Pradeep Sharma5, A.M. Lakara6 “Comparison of 0.5% Ropivacaine & 0.5% Bupivacaine in Epidural Anaesthesia for Patients Undergoing Abdominal Hysterectomy
15. Pratibha Jain Shah, Kamta Prasad Dubey, Chhatarapal Watti, Jaya Lalwani “Effectiveness of thiopentone, propofol and midazolam as an ideal intravenous anaesthetic agent for modified electroconvulsive therapy: A comparative study”
16. Omprakash Sundrani1, Jaya Lalwani2, K. K. Sahare3, Anand Masih Lakra4 “Haemodynamic Changes During Nasotracheal Intubation: A Comparision Between Direct Laryngoscopic and Fibreoptic Technique
17. Jaya Lalwani, Kamta Prasad Dubey, Bal Swaroop Sahu, and Pratibha Jain Shah “ProSeal laryngeal mask airway: An alternative to endotracheal intubation in paediatric patients for short duration surgical procedures
18. Omprakash Sundrani1, Jaya Lalwani2, K. K. Sahare3, Keshav Goyal4, Saurabh Pandey5 “efficacy and safety of propofol v/s ketamine in short surgical/diagnostic procedures in paediatric age group
19. Dr Naik R, Dr Thakur R*, Dr Sahare KK, Dr Lakra AM, Dr Sing D, Dr Bhagat CP “Intubating Conditions, Onset, Duration, Haemodynamic Changes And Side Effects With Rocuronium And Atracurium.
20. Thakur R, Naik R, Sahare K K and Agrawal S “Comparative evaluation of efficacy of ondansetron, granisetron and ramosetron for prevention of nausea and vomiting in patients undergoing caesarean section.
21. Deepak Singh,OP Sundrani, “A Comparative study between palonosetron and granisetron to prevent postoperative nausea and voiting after middle ear surgery “Journal of Evolution of Medical and dental sciences/Volume 4/issue 83/October 15,2015
22. Deepak Singh,OP Sundrani, “The effects of nitroglycerine (NTG) Sublingual Spray to blunt the Haemodynamic Response to endotracheal Extubation in Lumbar Disc Surgery “Journal of Evolution of Medical and dental sciences/Volume 4/issue 81/October 08,2015
23. Singh Deepak, Rath Girija P, Dash Hari H, Bithal Parmod K. Sevoflurane Provides Better Recovery as Compared With Isoflurane in Children Undergoing Spinal Surgery, Journal of Neurosurgical Anesthesiology. 21(3):202-206,
24. Deepak Singh, Girija P. Rath, Hari H. Dash. Anesthetic Concerns and Perioperative Complications in Repair of Myelomeningocele: A Retrospective Review of 135 Cases. Journal of Neurosurgical Anesthesiology.22(1)11-15.
Head of Department
|Name||Dr. PRATIBHA JAIN SHAH|
|Designation||Professor & H.O.D.|
M.D. Anaesthesia, FIPM,BLS & ACLS Instructor.( Faculty of AOT, Ahmedabad)
|Contact No.||98272 76620|