Qualification: MBBS, MD, FIPM
MBBS from NSCB Medial College, Rani Durgavati vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur (M.P.)
MD (Anaesthesiology) from NSCB Medical College, Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalay, Jabalpur (M.P.)
1. Intravenous dexmedetomidine versus propofol for intraoperative moderate sedation during spinal anesthesia: a comparative study” accepted for publication in JOACP.
2. Predictive value of upper lip bite test and ratio of height to thiopental distance compared to other multivariate airway assessment tests for difficult laryngoscopy in apparently normal patients.
Journal of Anaesthesiology & clinical Pharmacology, April-June 2013L 29 (2); 191-195.
3. Hoarseness of voice: an alarming sign to recheck position of nasogastric tube. IJA Nov-Dec 2010; 54(6): 588-590.
4. Effectiveness of thiopentone, midazolam and propofol as an ideal intravenous anaesthetic agent for modified Electroconvulsive therapy: a comparative study. Indian J Anaesth. 2010 Jul-Aug: 54(4); 296-301.
5. Anaesthesia for the separation of conjoined twins. Indian J Anaesth. 2011 Mar-Apr; 55(2): 177-180.
6. Proseal LMA: an alternative to ETT in paediatric patients for short surgical procedures. Indian J Anaesth, Nov-Dec 2010: 54(6): 541-546.
7. Anaesthetic management of child with prolonged QT-interval undergoing surgery for Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Drainage: Role of autogenic Relaxation Therapy and Patient controlled Analgesia. Indian J Anaesth, 2002: 46(5): 395-7.
8. Anaesthetic management of Batista Procedure: AIIMS experience. Indian J Anaesth, 2001 45(3): 190-3.
9. Coronary bypass surgery in a case of terminal renal failure –a case report “published in Indian J Anaesth, 2002: 46(2)145-148.
Chapter in Book:
1. Pulmonary Embolism: guidelines for management of pulmonary embolism during pregnancy” Obstetric Emergencies- A hand book of protocols & flow charts for health for health care providers, 1st ed
- American Heart Association certified Basic Life Support & Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor since 2010
- Course Coordinator of American Heart Association certified Basic Life Support & Advance Cardiac Life Support Healthcare Provider Course. Till date conducted six course.
- Done Fellowship in Advanced pain management from Daradia Pin Clinic, Kolkata in April 2011.
- External & Internal Examiner of Postgraduate students since 2011.
- President of Indian Association of anaesthesiology, Raipur city Branch in 2013-14, 1014-15.
- Vice president of state ISA branch in 2012 -13.
- Organizing secretary of 10th CGISACON at Raipur on 18th-19th 2013.
- Scientific Secretary of 6th CZ -11th CGISACON, Raipur on 18th – 19th 2013.
Department: Dept. of Anaesthesiology & Critical Care
- Teaching Experience: 17yrs
As a Senior Resident: worked in Lady Hardinge Medical College & Associated Hospitals, New Delhi;
Dep. of Cardiac Anaesthesia, All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi;
Dept. of Cardiac Anaesthesia, Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre, New Delhi.
As a Assistant Professor: Worked in NSCB Medial College, Jabalpur (M.P.)
Pt. J.N.M Medical College & Dr B.R. A. M. Hospital, Raipur (C.G.)
Professional Affiliations (Life Membership)
- Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists (ISA)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Research Society of Anaesthesiology & clinical Pharmacology (RSACP)
- Indian Society for the study of pain (IASP)
- Indian College of Anaesthesiologists (ICA)
o “Blood component therapy” In 6th CZ-11th CGISACON at Raipur on 20th Sept 2014.
o Two sessions Ambulatory day care anaesthesia” & paediatric anaesthesia” in 56th ISACON, at Jodhpur (Raj) at on 28th Dec 2008.
o Two session’s cerebral protection” & “Postoperative pain management” session in 9th CGSACON, at Bilaspur on 19th August 2012.
o “Headache whose? - 3 topics (Tension headache & migrane – D/D current trends in management, Ketamine revisited, Unusual CRPS. managing non –cancer pain – Current concepts in trigeminal & occipital neuralgia) in 28th Annual conf of ISSPCON , at Nagpur on 1-3rd 2013.
Delivered Lecture/ Poster Presentation: In international & National conferences-
o “Intravenous dexmedetomidine versus propofol for intraoperative moderate sedation during spinal anaeshtesia: a comparative study “ in 4th NWAC at Bangkok fro 22-28th April 2013
o “Role of peripheral nerve blocks in day care surgery in 60th ISACON, at Indore on 27th Dec 2012.
o Neonatal Resuscitation update for the Anaesthesiologist “ in 59th ISACON, at Mumbai on 29th Dec 2011.
o Newer guidelines of BLS & ACLS in paediatrics” in 58th ISACON, at Lucknow on 28th Dec 2010.
o “Recent trends in anaesthetic management of Sickle cell disease patients – A challenge to an anaesthesiologists – our experience” in 4th international congress on sickle cell disease, at Raipur, on 22th -26th Nov 2010.
o “Con-Sellick’s maneuver is mandatory for GA in full stomach” at 57th ISACON, at Chennai (Tamilnadu), on 27th Dec 2009.
o “A comparative study of caudal epidural Tramadol, Buprenorphine & Pentazocine with Bupivacaine 0.125%, Methyl Prednisolone & Hylase for relief of low back pain” in 53rd ISACON, held in Kolkata, on 27th Dec 2005.
o “Anaesthetic management of a child with long QT-interval undergoing surgery for anomalous pulmonary venous drainage in 50th ISACON, Coimbatore, on 28th Dec2002.
o “Anaesthetic management of Batista Procedure: AIIMS Experience” in 5th annual conference of IACTA, held in Bangalore, 2001.
o “Evolving trends in Chronic pain Management in 26th CME of IMA, Raipur branch on 19th April 2014.
o Newer guidelines of ACLS in 8th state IMACON, at Raipur on 19th March 2013.
o Recent guidelines of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation “ in 1st CGISACON, at Raipur on 23rd Dec 2010.
o “Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation “in 7th CGISACON, at Raipur on 24th Oct 2010.
o “Anaesthetic management I head & Neck Surgeries in Cadaveric workshop on Head & Neck Neoplasm by ENT Dept on 5th -6th April 2010.
o “Evidence Based newer Guidelines of CPCR” IN 4th state IMACON, at Raipur, 1st March 2009.
o “Unified approach for ABG Interpretation “ in 4th WISACON, held in Raipur, on 19th Oct 2008.
o “Low flow anaesthesia “on 12th July 2008, in Raipur.
o “A child is not a compressed adult” 4th CGISACON held in Bhilai, on 14th Oct 2007.
o “Neonatal Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation in CME on Paediatric Cardiology organized by Indian Academy of Paediatrics, held in Raipur, Sept 2003.
o “Arterial Blood Gas Analysis” in CME on Paediatric Cardiology organized by Indian Academy of Paediatrics held in Raipur, Sep 2003.
o “Basic Life Support -1st step of CPCR” in Workshop on CPCR for asst surgeon, organized by Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre, in Raipur, 2nd August 2003.
o “Recent Trends in Management of Shock “in Workshop on CPCR for asst surgeon, organized by Escorts heart Institute & Research Centre, in Raipur 2nd August 2003.