Department started in 1965.It is a MCi recognized department. There is 24 hours functioning Labour room & Caesarean OT. Major Gyane OT is run four days a week & 10 OPD subunits run six days a week.
Facilities in OPD :
- ANC, PNC & Family Welfare.
- Gynae Checkup, Infertility & Cancer OPD.
Facilities in P.P.O.T. :
- M.T.P., Tubectomy
- Diagnostic laparoscopy
Facilities in Indoor :
- Obstetrics Admission including Management of high -risk patients.
- Facilities for L.S.C.S. & complicated Obstetrics Surgeries.
- Facilities for admission & management of common Gynecological Problem as well as malignant conditions.
- Facilities for major Gynecological operations including NDVH, Radical hysterectomy & plastic surgeries like tuboplasty & vaginoplasty.
OPD Facilities - ANC OPD, GynaeOPD, Cancer OPD, Menopausal OPD, Prenatal Diagnosis OPD, PNC OPD HIV testing & counseling, PPOT Monitor Procedures, MTP, TT, LTT, Endometrial aspiration, Biopsies.
Facilities in Indoor - Two unit available, No of beds for each unit-50 beds
- Facilities for L.S.C.S. & complicated, Obstetrics Surgeries, Facilities for admission & management of common Gynecological Problem as well as malignant conditions.
- Facilities for major Gynecological, operations including NDVH, Radical hysterectomy & plastic surgeries like tuboplasty & vaginoplasty.
- MD Obs. & Gyane 3 seat per year.
- Department is actively involved in training of LTT, MTP & training and teaching of Paramedicals, BPT, ANM, Dais, FRU.
- Departmental faculties are involved in training of NACO & RCH.
- Department is a study development center of PGDMCH course of IGNOU.
UG & PG teacher and examiners for last 25 years. Guided and conducted more than 100 clinical research work.
- Have more than 60 publications in International & National journal and CME books.
- Invited faculty as guest speakers in >100 conferences.
- Recipient of prestigious "Rasthriya Gourav Awards" & "Dr. S.K.Mukharjee Award"
- Received Best Paper Award in the field of preventive Oncology by FOGSI in year 2013.
- Master trainer of EmOc.
- Organizer of many National & State level conference including North Zone Yuva FOGSI in 2011.
- Founder & present president of AOGCG & immediate past president of ROGS
An avid nature lover & has received many awards in particular over last 10 years. Believes in all around development of the students, department & Institution.
The department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology was established in 1963. It is now under the leadership of Prof. Dr. Abha Singh under whose supervision it is acting as the apex department for patient care, research & education in Chhattisgarh. It serves the women from all over Chhattisgarh. Every year about 3000 OPD patients are checked. The no of deliveries is 8000 per year About 2000 major operation are performed in a year.
The department is furnished with well equipped wards, O.T.s, Labour rooms and enthusiastic and never tiring team members.
Apart from providing the best patient care the department is conducting many research works & the faculty members have contributed to many national & International journals & have been the speaker in many national & International conferences.
The department is committed towards teaching and providing training. Apart from the post graduate courses (MCI Recognized) the department is conducting EmOc & PPIUCD training programme, & is actively implementing National Health Awareness and educational programmes and is supporting many paramedical training courses.
Department is also a dedicated centre for the family planning programme and is providing all types of reversible and non reversible contraception methods. To keep pace with the ever advancing science the department from time to time organizes many national and international conferences & CME.
The motto of department is
Sculpturing experts out of raw and unskilled young doctors.
No women should die because of lack of skilled medical care.
Head of Department
|Designation||Professor & Head of Department|